Thursday, November 6, 2008

a song in my heart

Last night I went to be with a heavy heart, just thinking of all that is happening in our nation right now.  I've continued to tell myself that God has a bigger plan, and I woke up in the middle of the night with a song in my heart, and then as I woke up this morning I was singing it in my head.  It's an old hymn that I grew up singing.  I love the praise and worship songs, but every once in a while, the old hymns will really touch me.  Here it is:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

There are more verses to the song, but these were the ones that were going through my head.  It made so much sense to me and gave me a peace within.  Trusting in God and knowing that I can always put my hope in Him.  He is the way, the truth, and the life.

No comments: