Monday, May 10, 2010

winding down the school year

Where did the year go?  I took the boys to school this morning and realized that there's only two weeks left.  It's crazy how quickly this year has gone.  It seems with the end of the school year, tons of things are happening.  Last week, Braylon's class had a parent appreciation program.  Each parent was given an appreciation certificate and each student received an individualized award.  He got the "future scientist" award.  His teacher likes to give everyone an award since they don't all get one in the big awards assembly.  Braylon has had the same teacher for the past two years because he participated in a looping program.  It's going to be difficult for him to leave her and move on.  The next day was the science fair, which he really procrastinated on.  However, he finished it, and did a good job.  The boys had Friday off of school since it was a built in snow day that wasn't used.  They took me to buy my mother's day gift.  I wanted a new pair of shoes, so they got me a pair of shape-ups.  I love them, so far!

Saturday was Jerad's sister Lisa's graduation from college.  

       
Here she is with her brothers, Jerad and Nick...
And with the parents...
And with the sister-in-law...
And with the nephews.

She'll be moving to New York in the fall (or as Brickman calls it, Younork).  I'm so proud of her for following her dreams.  When Jerad and I first started dating, Lisa was in the eighth grade.  That makes me feel so old!  I guess it has been nine years since I graduated college.  Wow!  I was just talking to a friend on Saturday about how quickly time goes, and I don't feel as old as I actually am.  Does anyone else feel that way?  I still feel like I'm 24.  When I talk to college kids, I don't think about how much older I am than them.  I feel like I'm just a couple of years older, when in reality, it's like 10.  I guess that it's better to feel younger than I am than older.  

No comments: