Saturday, December 19, 2009

back at it again...

For the past several months, I've been keeping a blog on a different site.  Lately, I've noticed that several of my entries have vanished.  I have no idea what happened to them, so I decided to copy what I had and save it to my computer and start again here.  So, here I am.  I have no method to what I write about.  I really just like to keep a record of what my kiddos do, so this seems like just as good of a place as any.  That, and I enjoy scrounging the web and looking at others blogs.

With just a few days before Christmas, I've been trying to stay on top of things.  With less than a week, I have almost everything bought and wrapped.  I still need to wrap most of the boys' gifts, but I've got all of the niece's and nephews gifts ready to go.  Tonight I've been home alone (hubby has a dj event and kiddos are at grandma's house), so I've taken over the space and have been cutting material.  I found a scarf pattern that I loved!  When I was at Wal-Mart the other day, I picked up some material to experiment.  To be honest, I was a bit skeptic, but it was super easy!  Check out the pattern here.  I found the material on the reduced rack for $1.50 and bought four yards in white and pink, which were the only colors in the jersey knit that I needed.  I bought eight yards total for $12 and will make seven or eight scarves.  That's only 75 cents each!  What a cheap gift!  For the white material, I think I might use some left over dye that I have so they aren't so plain.  I'm excited to give them away.  I hope everyone else thinks they're as cute as I do.

Tomorrow is the boys' Christmas program at church.  It should be really cute!

Oh, and check out my layout!  Isn't it cute?  You can get a really cute one, too, at My Style Backgrounds.

No comments: