Monday, December 21, 2009

what a weekend!

When I picked up the boys on Friday from school, I didn't have any grand plans for the weekend.  Apparently, it was a good thing.  Shortly after we got home, I found out that Brickman had carrots for lunch...not because he told me.  Rather, I saw perfect little chewed up chunks all over the carpet.  All over our shag carpet.  Now, I'm not fond of our carpet.  In fact, that's what I asked Santa to bring me for Christmas, but Santa said he couldn't afford to carpet our house right now.  The point is, I wasn't upset about the carpet being ruined or stained.  I mean, how can you ruin yellow and green shag carpet anyway? Answer:  red kool-aid.  I digress again.  My poor Brickman was sick.  While the rest of us were outside messing with the animals, Brickman stayed inside since his tummy was hurting.  To be honest, I really didn't think he was sick.  Oftentimes, he'll say that his tummy hurts to get out of doing something he doesn't want to do.  This time was not the case.  As I was coming in the door, the poor guy came out crying because he really was sick.  We got "the bucket" ready for him so he didn't have to run to the bathroom, and he continued to be sick for a good three to four hours.  He made it through the night with no problems and asked for breakfast at McDonalds when he woke up.  A good idea?  It was questionable, but I took him on a breakfast date anyway.

All was well until the night.  When Jerad got home from his dance, he was the next victim to be hit by the sickness.  I later found out that Braylon was also sick throughout the night.  The boys stayed the night at their Nonnie and Papa's house, and before I went to pick them up to take them to practice for their Christmas program in the morning, I got a call telling me that he had been sick throughout the night.    Jerad and Braylon were both crummy feeling in the morning, and although I thought I would be spared the sickness, it hit me, too.  I don't think it hit me as hard as it did everyone else though.  While it lasted hours for everyone else, I only got sick once.  When I picked up Brickman from church, he said, "I guess I'm the one that needs to take care of everyone since I'm the only one who's not sick."

So enough about sickness...
The Christmas program at church was last night.  Poor Braylon still felt bad and had a bit of a fever, so he decided to stay home.  Brickman was encouraging him to go since they had made plans to go  together to ask Santa for one big toy to share.  When he realized Braylon wasn't going to go, he told him that it was okay.  He would tell Santa his list.  (I thought that was sweet.) Brickman brought Braylon back a bag full of candy from Santa.  The Christmas program was really cute.  I'm just sad that Braylon had to miss out on it.


No comments: