Monday, January 4, 2010

back to the grindstone

Today I finally feel like it's the new year.  With New Year's Day being on a Saturday and continuing Christmas celebrations over the weekend, I really didn't feel like it was the new year yet.  Today, it really hit me.  I feel like we're getting back into a schedule, despite the boys not being in school yet.  Tomorrow they will go back to their daily schedules of waking up early, or at least early enough to get ready for school and get there.  It's going to be tough to wake up early in the morning.  We've all been sleeping in until 9 or so.  In fact, I think that Jerad slept in until almost noon today.  We made sure that the boys were in bed by bedtime tonight to help us with the morning school day rituals.

Another wake up to the new year was getting the Christmas decorations down.  The living room looks big without the Christmas tree up.  The mantle looks bare and the tables empty without the random decorations that have been scattered throughout the house.  It makes me a bit sad to think that the Christmas season went by so quickly, but I guess that's the way it happens each year.  I absolutely love Christmas and look to it with such anticipation.  I'm excited for Christmas next year with the new trees that we have and the ornament wreaths that I've made.  I also neatly packed away the boys' ornaments that we've bought them each year.

Jerad and I have been working at getting our house a bit more organized and de-cluttered.  As part of that, we've cleaned out our closets, which I haven't actually used in quite a while because it's been full of clothes that I never wear anymore.  I've pulled out a massive amount of clothes, as has Jerad.  I just bagged all of those tonight, and I have 9 bags of clothes and a bag of shoes.  I'm hoping to get those out of the house this week.  It actually feels really good to get the house clean.  I mean, of course it does, but I just hate to clean!  I feel like if my house is in order, I can get other parts of my life in order.  I'm trying to get rid of the chaos that fills my life!  A little disorder is okay, but when it takes over your life, that's a completely different story.

Today was also the day that I started eating healthier.  I started out with my figure 8 shake and ate less than normal at lunch.  I cooked dinner for the family tonight and limited my sweets to a skinny cow ice cream sandwich that I picked up while I was at Wal-mart.  I need to increase my water intake.  I think that would help me out tremendously.

With the boys back at school in the morning, I'm going to try to stick to a schedule to get things around the house completed.  It's one of my many goals that I have for myself this year.  I'm determined to accomplish them!  What do they include?  I'll write more about that later.

No comments: