Saturday, January 2, 2010

the last Christmas of 2009

We finally had the last Christmas of 2009 tonight.  I know, it's already 2010, but we're late at celebrating.  We couldn't get together with the extended family until today.  By dragging it out, it made it fun for the boys knowing that there was still one more Christmas.  They were surprised the other day when Aunt Barbie called and asked what they didn't get for Christmas that they still wanted.  Both of the boys were excited to open their gifts.  Brickman got the double action light saber that he had really hoped to get at Christmas.  Come to find out, Aunt Barbie had forgotten it at home and had to go out to Walmart at buy it again.  I wish I had known because I actually had one in the closet just in case he didn't get it.  He also got a scooter that he loved riding throughout the house all evening.  I'm surprised that Nammie and Bumpa didn't yell about it.  Braylon got excited that he got a new Transformer and a Ben 10 game for his Nintendo dsi.  They'll have fun with their new nerf guns, too.  Even more fun to watch was Jace.  He loved every gift no matter what it was.  He can barely talk, but he had the greatest reactions.  We got him a horse in the box (very similar to the jack in the box, just with a horse) and some johnny tractors with a box to keep them in.

Nammie and Bumpa loved the family tree that I gave them.  I told them on Christmas Eve that I owed them a gift since I gave them a make-shift gift on Christmas.  I was pleased with the results of the family tree, but I think if I had spent a bit more time on it, I would have changed a few things.  I'll keep that in mind if I make another one.  I left room to add more leaves for the additional family members that may come along.  At the end of 2010, there will be one new addition with Joseph asking his girlfriend to marry him over Christmas.  They'll be getting married on New Year's Eve.



Aunt Barbie and the rest of the family will be staying until tomorrow afternoon so we'll still get to visit.  We don't get to visit often enough.  We should make it a point to do that more often.

No comments: