Monday, November 8, 2010

motivation...

Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel totally blah?  How about the opposite?  Do you ever wake up totally motivated and ready to conquer the day?  That's how I feel today.  I'm not sure what it is (maybe it's the time change), but I feel ready to get things done.  There are so many things that I want to accomplish, I'm having a hard time focusing on what I want to do first.  On a normal day, I will wake up and get the kids out of bed do a few things to try and wake myself up while they are getting around.  Solve a few arguments between the two of them.  Tell them to stop messing with the cat so they'll actually get their morning routine finished.  Then dart into town to get them to school, sometimes just barely before the tardy bell rings.  I do all of this while still in my pajamas.  That's right.  I leave the house in my pajamas.  No combed hair.  No bra.  I just hope I never get a flat tire during that time.  I noticed a difference last week.  One day I took the kids to school in my pajamas then came home and had a hard time getting motivated to do anything.  Another day, I put on workout clothes (to which I received this comment from Brickman:  "I thought you didn't wear a bra to take us to school.")  When I came home, I got so much more accomplished.  So, that's one of my goals each day now: to wake up and put on clothes to workout.  At very least, even if I don't work out, I'll get something else accomplished.


I've gotten quite a bit accomplished in the past few weeks as per weight loss.  I finally feel motivated to get that done, and I love seeing the results.  I'm down a pant size and have lost 12 pounds.  I feel so much better with just that amount off of me.  I'm trying to get into exercise.  I'm doing things each day to be more active.  I borrowed my sister's Zumba DVDs, which have been a lot of fun.  I think the biggest thing is that I actually see myself getting it done this time.  I'm changing habits that I can stick to, but am still allowing myself to have some of the things that I love.  Something that I know I'll love is the way that I look once I get more weight off.  I can't wait to see myself two months from now when I go to Arbonne's Global Training Conference.  Or six months from now.  Or a year from now.  I love it that I see myself thin and healthy.  I'm not there yet, but I will be.  I'm motivated.  No more procrastination.  I'm motivated and am taking action.

No comments: