Saturday, February 20, 2010

a lazy Saturday...

I love mornings like this!  It was one of those mornings when I didn't have to get up for anything.  Even though I was awake, I could just stay snuggled under the covers for a bit longer.  So nice...until one of the boys comes running through the room into our bathroom yelling that he has a bloody nose.  Never in my life have I had a bloody nose, but this kiddo gets them often.  My first question is normally, "Were you picking it when it started bleeding?"  More often than not, the answer is yes.  This morning he told me that he had just done it once.  If he'd keep his fingers out of his nose, he wouldn't have near as many nose bleeds.  At least he's not eating anything from his nose after he's had his finger up there.  Nope.  That would be the other one.  Although, I think I might have solved that problem yesterday.  He doesn't do it often, but yesterday I caught my little Brick stick his finger in his mouth and slurp something off.  (Sorry if you're weak stomached.)  I give him a look and he has wide eyes and a little grin that knows he's been caught.  I ask if he just had himself a juicy, boogery snack.  I can tell he's mulling things over in his mind of whether or not to tell the truth, but just having the talk about lying, he decides to come out and tell me that he's guilty.  So I ask him about other things that come from inside the body.  Do you lick your sweat?  Do you drink your pee?  Do you eat your...  Okay, I'll stop there.  Things that come out of our body are not meant to go back in.  They come out for a reason.  I think he got the point.  He rushed in the bathroom spitting out his little green snack and washed his mouth out with mouthwash.  It grossed him out a bit.  Is that a tactful way to solve the little problem?  Maybe not, but it worked.

One of my best friends and her family came over for a visit last night.  It's been almost a year (way too long!) since they've been out here for dinner, but we finally made a point to make it happen.  Jerad grilled steak (delicious!) and we had lots of fixings to go along with it.  My friend made the most amazing dessert, too.  Yum!  The dinner was great, but the time afterwards was even better.  I really enjoyed just sitting back, relaxing and talking while our little munchkins ran around and played.  I hope they had as good of a time as we did.  We're definitely going to have to schedule things like this more often.

I suppose I should get up and be productive today.  At this point I've done very little...slept in, cleaned up the bloody nose, loaded last night's dishes and made french toast for the boys (which is now their favorite), perused the internet, drank a cup of coffee.  Did I mention get dressed?  Nope, because it hasn't been done yet.  It's a lazy Saturday.  I'm loving it.

No comments: